Meeting Rooms PoliciesMeeting Rooms are available primarily to support programs and functions which fulfill the mission and further the goals of the Pamlico County Library. When rooms are not in use by the Library, these spaces are available to established, not for profit organizations engaged in educational, cultural or charitable activities. Businesses engaged in employee or organizational activities and governmental units located within the Library District or serving community members may also be permitted at the discretion of the Library Director. All non-profit organizations must have an EIN to qualify.
In accordance with the ALA's Library Bill of Rights and its interpretations pertaining to meeting rooms, use of the meeting rooms is not based on subject matter or content of the meeting, or on the beliefs or affiliations of a meeting's sponsor.
The purpose of this policy is to maximize use of the Meeting Rooms, ensure equal access to eligible groups and to provide for orderly scheduling of the Meeting Rooms.
Use of the Meeting Rooms will be governed by the following:
- Meetings will be scheduled in advance on a first come first served basis.
- Meeting Rooms may be scheduled no more than four months in advance.
- The Library reserves the right to divide a room when appropriate if there is more than one request for the same period.
- Library sponsored activities and programs will take precedence in scheduling. As much notice as possible will be given if a conflict arises.
- In order to schedule a Meeting Room groups must agree to observe the Meeting Room Policy and Guidelines by having a completed signed Meeting Room Agreement on file with the Library prior to the meeting. Paper agreements expire after twelve months, whereupon a new completed and signed form must be filed for continued use of the room.
To provide equal access to as many groups as possible the following guide lines apply:
- Space must be reserved 24-hours prior to meeting/program
- Space may be reserved for no more than 2 consecutive weekly meetings.
- Space may be reserved for no more than 2 monthly meetings.
- Organizations not related to library or school can meet no more than four times a year in the library.
- The above guidelines do not apply to internal library activities and events.
- Although no fees or rent are charged for use of the rooms by qualifying groups, a charge may be levied by the Library Director to cover cleaning expenses and/or damages when warranted by the condition of the room following a group's use.
- Groups using a Meeting Room may not charge admission fees or collect payments or funds.
- Donations to the Pamlico County Library by those using the room are accepted and are tax deductible.
Responsibilities of Room Users
- Groups using Meeting Rooms are required to handle the set up for their meeting, to return furniture and other equipment to the location specified on the room arrangement chart posted in each room, and to leave the room clean and in good condition prior to departure. Failure to do so may result in a charge of twenty-five ($25.00) levied by the Library Director.
- Use of the library's equipment must be arranged 48 hours in advance and confirmed the day prior to the reservation. Library personnel are not reponsible for equipment failure or training of use of equipment.
- Groups using the kitchenette must supply their own consumables. Paper products, condiments, etc. which may be on hand are for use only by staff in library-sponsored activities and programs.
- Timely notice of a cancellation is expected. Demand for room use is heavy and other groups deserve an opportunity to use the room if available. A no-show by a group will result in automatic cancellation of existing reservations.
Hours of Use
- Meeting Rooms are available only during library hours.
- Selling, solicitation, or taking of orders is not permitted, with the exception of library programs, authors engaged in book signings, artists performing or exhibiting in the rooms and the Friends of the Library.